Two job opportunities… one great company! Join the Windy City Call Center team.
We currently have two types of Call Center Representative positions available for our home improvement and educational referral service divisions. Placement of hired candidates in either position will be determined according to the candidate’s overall qualifications and fit for the job as well as business requirements and staffing needs. We want our reps to start in the best position where they will succeed. This can be either a full- or part-time position with a non-traditional schedule and is perfect for individuals looking to be a part of a flexible workforce with the opportunity to work from home. Perfect for stay-home parents and individuals who want or need to stay at home and earn a living at the same time. Also great for students that need flexibility in scheduling. You can experience the unique and hard-to-find benefit of work/life balance at Windy City Call Center!
(1) Call Center Representative- Home Improvement
We are currently hiring highly motivated and dependable individuals who are interested in setting up appointments for our clients who are well known national home improvement companies. Our phone system will connect you with people that are interested in one of our clients’ products or services. This is not a “hard” or high pressure sales job; however, we are looking for people who are skilled in overcoming common objections from consumers in order to set up appointments. This job does allow you to be flexible with the script and to highlight the benefits of setting up an appointment with our highly recognizable and respected nationally known and respected clients. Ideal candidate will have experience in sales, outbound calling and/or appointment setting- must be skilled at overcoming objections. Must also be able to make quality outbound calls to prospective clients to set face-to-face appointments for sales team (script will be provided).
(2) Call Center Representative- Education Referral Service
We are also growing our complimentary education referral service and we work with a number of colleges and universities nationwide. We are making outbound calls as well as taking inbound calls from potential students who have applied online to receive information on furthering their education. Our phone system will connect you with people who have applied online to receive education information. We match them with certain schools based on their area of interest. There are no high pressure sales tactics. This is a customer service role focusing on delivering a quality service. Ideal candidates must be able to handle a large number of calls and open to repetitive work without losing enthusiastic voice and positive attitude and able to work in a scripted environment making outbound calls; this is not cold-calling but it is a form of telemarketing.
To be a great fit for the job, you must also meet these requirements:
- Have strong listening skills, professional telephone manner and ability to deal tactfully with callers in a fast paced call center environment
- Comfortable with and driven to meet and exceed goals and metrics as it relates to performance and quality of work
- Receptive to and quick to implement constructive feedback and a strong desire to continuously improve
- Able to multi-task: talking on the phone while on the computer for long periods of time
- Have above average computer and typing skills; 35 WPM minimum keyboarding required
- A team player that works well with your coworkers and enjoys helping people succeed
- Starting pay of $9.00/hour with an increase to $10.00/hour after 90 days of service
- All employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) after 90 days of employment, regardless of full-time or part-time status
- Paid training- online/virtual training available to remote candidates
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance benefits available with the company contributing to the plan
- 401(k) plan with employer matching incentive
- A resident of Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois or Texas
- Positions available for full-time (35-40 hrs/wk) and part-time (20-29 hrs/wk)
- Able to commit to a set weekly schedule. Available hours are: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm EST on Monday- Saturday and 12:00 pm -- 8:00 pm EST on Sunday
Important Home Office and Computer Requirements:
As a representative, you will log into our dialing system from your home using your own computer and Internet connection. You don’t need to use your own phone for this job. You MUST meet all of these requirements or your computer will not work with our dialing system.
- High speed and wired internet connection only - wireless/Wi-Fi NOT accepted. Your computer must plug directly into the modem in order to work with our phone system.
- Your computer must have at least 4 GB of RAM; 2GHz processor
- If hired you will need to download MS Office or OpenOffice and have Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers installed (Technical help is available if needed to assist with free downloads).
- A phone headset will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an established Fortune 5000 advertising company from the comfort of your own home office with flexible hours! Several of our team members have recently been promoted to management positions within the organization and as a result, we are now hiring multiple part-time and full-time employees in our virtual call center.
Sound too good to be true? Of course not. Working from home is becoming more and more common in the corporate landscape. We have modeled our company after other work from home call centers operated by Apple and JetBlue. We realize that making it to the office isn’t practical or realistic for everyone. We also believe that by giving our employees the opportunity to work from home, we are rewarded tenfold. We have been in business now for over 6 years and work with major corporations to be an extension of their call centers. We are A rated with the Better Business Bureau and have over 150 employees. Our company is owned and managed by a very successful advertising company called BirdDog Media. We are a family environment and take a lot of pride in what we do.
If you are excited about this opportunity, we want to hear from you! Applying is quick and easy - click below to get started now. Please fill out this application from the home computer that you would use if you were hired for this position.
By pressing "apply", you give us consent to follow-up with you about this job opportunity by call, prerecorded message or text message at the phone number above and that contact may be through an automated system or manually dialed. Consent to contact your cell phone is not required. If you prefer for us to not contact your cell phone, please provide another number. You also give us consent to contact you about this job opportunity and future job opportunities by e-mail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Windy City Call Center LLC
We are headquartered in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and are experiencing exceptional growth. This position will be a part of the Windy City Call center team which is one of the fastest growing parts of our business. We support our clients with inbound and outbound call center services in education, home improvement, insurance and other business verticals. Our clients utilize our seasoned representatives to make outbound calls on their behalf to qualify the inquiries they receive from any number of sources. We call verify these leads and transfer the interested prospects to their call centers.
Company Website: www.windycitycallcenter.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)